IT Support Engineer, Kobalt, London
The IT Support Engineer will be involved in all aspects of IT from user and infrastructure support to configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting internet, telephony hardware and software issues for Kobalt Group via KTech. KTech is an internal function that provides licenced Technology, Products and Services to Kobalt Group clients. KTech’s current clients are; Kobalt Music Publishing, AWAL, Kobalt Neighbouring Rights, Kobalt Music Recordings, and AMRA.
The IT Support Engineer will work with multiple teams and members of staff including the senior management. A high level of customer support will be expected at all times, while also continually suggesting and implementing system improvements. You will be working as part of a Global Support team of 11 supporting over 500 staff across 10 locations. The London support team provide on site support for the London 350+ user base as well as providing remote support globally. You will assist with rest of world projects as needed.
The environment is a mixture of Windows and Mac technologies, along with a broad range of third party applications.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
Kobalt’s tech platform, KTech, is currently responsible for sending worldwide notifications of all clients’ songs; and it delivers albums, singles and videos to a whole host of digital services, including iTunes, Spotify, YouTube and many others. It also licenses use of clients work in TV, Film, Games and Adverts. Once all of that has been done, it then has the not-so-small job of processing the millions of resulting payments.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES AN IT SUPPORT ENGINEER AT KOBALT DO?
- Call logging & handling of support tickets - escalation, prioritisation, etc.
- Investigate, troubleshoot and resolve software/hardware issues
- Set up and maintain all end user devices (desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers and scanners)
- Software installation and upgrades
- Administration of Active Directory and Office 365
- Network patching and troubleshooting
- Documentation of IT processes and procedures
- Provide remote support for global offices
- Maintain asset management systems
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a 1st/2nd line support role
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Mac OS
- General administration of Active Directory
- Familiar with iOS & Android devices
- Good knowledge of Office 2016
- Previous experience using a support ticketing system
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with users across all levels of ability and seniority by phone, email and/or face to face
- Able to work as a team and individually
- Ability to recognize users’ key requirements and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Approachable customer service minded
- Ability to think outside the box, using initiative to solve problems
- Experience with Zoom, Okta, JAMF Casper is ideal
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.