Release Manager (Catalogue), Kobalt, London
As part of Kobalt’s significant expansion of AWAL - our recorded music division - the Release Manager (Catalogue) will support the growing operations team by ensuring accurate and timely build of all catalogue acquisition releases for digital and physical distribution. Reporting to the Senior Release Manager, the team is responsible for all aspects of product build, release set up and scheduling to ensure all products meet release date.
You may be working for a label with experience in digital ops, supply chain and release management processes as well as strong working knowledge of music metadata and asset management for digital and physical release creation.
Most important is that you have great interpersonal skills and can cope with a high-pressure/fast-paced environment but remain optimistic & persistent to make things happen as well as have a passion for music and Kobalt!
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers and labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting and for artists to maintain ownership and control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, and monetized. This global technology platform is able to track and collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists and songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, and many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in both the US and UK.
We’re currently 600 people based across 10 offices and we’re still growing.
WHAT DOES A RELEASE MANAGER (CATALOGUE) AT KOBALT DO?
- Working with Onboarding team on significant volume catalogue deals
- Data review & quality-check across all catalogue ingestions
- Create easy to understand rationalisations of complex catalogue acquisition documents
- Quality check and clean music metadata to highest industry standard
- Assess back catalogue artwork for digital service compatibility
- Assess back catalogue audio and video assets for digital service compatibility
- Research correct metadata information (e.g. incorrect titles, release dates, contributor details)
- Receive & archive physical master assets
- Collate information regarding products in the market place & stock levels of physical catalogue
- Establish manufacturers used & availability of production parts for manufacture
- Co-ordinate re-design of artwork with Key Productions, involving amending legal lines, logo’s etc. – to reflect new ownership
- Co-ordinate audio DDP masters for production
- Place manufacture orders for re-press of catalogue
- Stock management of catalogue titles
- Set up & co-ordinate new catalogue products, physical and digital
- Neighbouring Rights registrations
- Setting up missing information in internal system to facilitate YouTube reporting
- Physical products entry in SAX
- Assisting the Release Management team with general non-catalogue tasks when required
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Previous experience working in a supply chain or release management role or other relevant experience in the music industry
- Strong knowledge of music metadata & systems is essential - knowledge of iTunes spec is desirable
- Experience working with digital and physical audio, video and artwork assets is desirable
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Strong working knowledge of Excel with experience in manipulating large data sets
- Obsessive attention to detail and ability to follow strict industry guidelines
- Excellent analytical and investigatory skills
- Previous experience of physical production & stock management desirable
- Proactive self-starter able to manage own workload and support busy department
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to communicate effectively across the business and with external clients and suppliers as required
- Numerate and IT literate
2018 Financial Times Boldness in Business – Drivers of Change Nominee
2018 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Music
2017 Music Week Publisher of the Year
- Based at River Building, Cannon Street, London EC4R 3TE
- Hours are 37.5 hours per week. Generally, these are taken between 9.30-6 with 1 hour for lunch but amendments to these hours can be agreed on a case by case basis with line manager approval
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process and a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
KOBALT MUSIC GROUP BENEFITS FROM DAY ONE
ANNUAL LEAVE | Contractually 25 days, however Kobalt closes its offices for the 3 days between Christmas and New Year’s when staff contribute 1 day.
LIFE ASSURANCE | Equal to four (4) times base salary.
INCOME PROTECTION | Covers up to 75% of base salary up to the age of 65.
PENSION | Kobalt comply with auto-enrolment legislation, and currently contribute 2% of qualifying earnings if eligible staff stay in the pension scheme, currently with Aviva.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Business travel insurance cover.
GYM MEMBERSHIP | Corporate rates offered for 12-month memberships at Nuffield Health or Fitness First.
EYECARE | Full eye test provided at a range of opticians through a voucher scheme.
WELLBEING | Wellbeing Hub and Employee Assistance Programme.
FRESH FRUIT, SELECTION OF SNACKS AND CEREAL SUPPLIED
REGULAR STAFF SOCIALS | Including seasonal social events and parties.
POST PROBATIONARY PERIOD BENEFITS
PRIVATE MEDICAL INSURANCE | Policy is with the BUPA ‘select’ scheme, with the ability to upgrade to a partner or family membership.
PENSION | Staff can select to move to salary sacrifice and benefit from a 2.5% - 5% company matched contribution.
TRAVEL INSURANCE | Personal travel insurance, individual or family cover.
INTEREST FREE SEASON TICKET LOAN SCHEME (eligible after 1 month of service) | Loans deducted from net pay over a 12-month period.
CYCLE TO WORK SCHEME | In partnership with Evans Cycles.