Freelance Digital Playlist Curator, BMG [London]
Your Mission at BMG.
We are looking for a super-star Digital Playlist Curator to join our Production Music office in Shoreditch to work with us full time until the end of 2019.
If Spotify were a person and it married Apple, you would be their music-loving, beat-tapping, Shazaming spawn. Your ears are always on. You notice the trickle of background music in the café and you know the music of the moment, as well as the ripple-effect of hidden-hits that they leave in their wake. You are analytical, ready to pick apart what’s sticky and what’s a flop. You know the top three streaming platforms better than the back of your own hand and you’ll work at ensuring that BMG PM has a place on all three.
Your role is to implement the playlisting strategy of BMG Production Music, identifying the trends before they’re trending and creating playlists that are going to be followed by the followers of followers’ followers.
• Music Research: Identify possible playlist types according to mood, genre, label etc.
• Curation: Create and maintain many (many) varied playlists
• Analysis: Study the numbers and work against set performance indicators
• Collaboration: Work with the various teams around the globe, prioritizing based on local knowledge
• Gather intel: In your constant day-to-day activity, become part of the brain-trust that knows all that there is to know on streaming platforms.
• A passion for all kinds of music, from Hip Hop to Contemporary Classical
• A feel for what’s going on across all streaming platforms and an understanding of user listening habits
• The instinct for what makes that magical moment, extra magical with music
• A self-starter, not afraid to independently set daily targets and exceed them
• Knowledgeable in artist account setup and management of playlisting systems for Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, Amazon Music, etc
• Ability to understand analytics and turn your knowledge into results
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
What you should know about us.
Will you fit in with the crowd at BMG Production Music? Well, we are made up of music lovers, makers and shakers! And we love to share our passion for music with as many broadcasting, film, advertising and interactive partners as possible. As a part of BMG – The New Music Company, BMG Production Music has quickly emerged as one of the biggest new players in the dynamic production and bespoke music business and is one of BMG’s fastest growing business units, owning and representing some of the best production music catalogues out there.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
Head to our Linkedin, Instagram and twitter channels to get a snippet into what It’s like to work at BMG UK!
Sound like music to your ears?
Send us your application directly to Sam Delves at Sam.email@example.com [mentioning shesaid.so in your application] and all the convincing arguments why you are the right person for this role - the challenge is on! Let’s create a future together.
Closing date for applications: June 25th
Here at BMG, we don’t just encourage diversity – we celebrate it, support it and wholeheartedly promote it and its benefits to our employee’s and company alike. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and so all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. If you require any reasonable accommodation or adjustments due to a disability for any part of the application process, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of the request.
It is really important to us that our staff are paid fairly and proportionately so as such we are proud to be an accredited London Living Wage employer.